9.21.2007

You can't handle this...

The kiddos are jamming out to The Beatles. I can't describe how cute it is when my four year old runs around singing "we all lived in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine...." Loud and out of tune the way all good singing should be done.

The plants are GROWING!

We decorated for Halloween today. It was my first Halloween decorating experience in a house... actually it's my first Halloween decorating experience EVER. We didn't do it growing up since, as good protestants, we couldn't celebrate SATAN'S BIRTHDAY!!!11 OMG NOES!!!!... but now my parents have converted to Orthodoxy and I am relatively nothing but an agnostic heathen as far as they are concerned, I simply announced last week I was decking the house out for Halloween and that was that. When I was married we didn't make a big deal about it because, well, we were busy serving the lord and couldn't wasted time on frivolities such as handing out candy.

So my parents house is now decked in orange and black with ghosts and skulls and pumpkins. And I enjoyed it. I think Halloween is my favorite time of year... September starts the most wonderful time of year... It's my man-child's birthday, then Halloween/Weenie's birthday, then my birthday, Thanksgiving, then Christmas... pretty good string of happy events.

On a side note, I juiced a PUMPKIN and despite Boyfriend's nay saying it wasn't that bad... it wasn't greeeat, but it really wasn't that bad. I also roasted the seeds and they were DELICIOUS. I'm serious. I like pumpkin seeds from the store, but these were phenomenal. Pretty much the tastiest thing I'd had all week. Do yourself a favor and go buy a small pumpkin... any old pumpkin will do actually... take the seeds and put them in a bowl, pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil, add some salt then roast them in a toaster oven or regular over for about 45 minutes until about half of them are a warm brown color... then take them out... they will be phenomenal. :)

Also might I suggest a tasty MANGO instead of something full of sugar, milk, cream, fat and other things your body doesn't need. Fruit is a better desert than anything in the world.

No comments: