9.13.2007

All these things that I have done...

This week I quit smoking with my amazing boyfriend. The last cigarette I had was Sunday night after having things come crashing down, as things are wont to do. I am past the physical addiction part, and except for biting my lip a lot, I think I'm doing ok on that front. The sad thing is, I WANT them. Want want want.

But I've come this realization lately about being responsible with my body. It's the only one I've got after all. Having a high incidence of cancer in my family, the probability is that one of us kids will have it someday. I know there is nothing I can do to stop cancer, but I can make better decisions about the things I put in my body.

So cigarette smoke, with all its cadmium and carbon monoxide, and who knows what else, that's not a responsible thing to do with my body. It's out.

Also this week I have begun tapering down the processed foods I put into my body as I prepare for a 2 week "raw food" detox. I am 2 days in without eating a processed food but I know I'll eat some this weekend when Boyfriend is in town. That's ok. The real detox begins Monday morning, with the only meats being either eggs or fish, and the rest of my diet consisting of whole grains and rice and fresh/steamed/juiced veggies and fruits. I'm excited about this.

I am leaning towards vegetarianism... more on that later I suppose.

Another thing this week was the planting. My son, who is by far the most beautiful person I know, has been wanting to plant something for a while now. So this weekend we went to the store and I let him choose what type of seeds he wanted, explaining the different kinds and what would grow if we planted it. He picked flowers. Bachelor's Buttons. They are already growing, and tonight I will take him one of the pots so he can have some growing at his dad's house as well as here.

Also I wrote and wrote and wrote and got some of the hurt out. And we laughed. I laughed with my mom, and my brother, and my dad, and my boyfriend, and my best friend, and my son, and friends who called, and I think I even laughed with a stranger this week. It is good for you.

I also made a book for Boyfriend as a reward. He found a cigarette in his car and threw it away instead of smoking it. So I made him a book. When I get a chance I'll take pictures and post them on here. It's really adorable, and I feel like I'm doing something closer to what I was made to do than when I sit and process payments all day. We were made to love and be loved after all.

No comments: