10.22.2007

Oliphaunt am I

A while back I was knitting an elephant for Beau... wait, I should backtrack... I had a ton of yarn left over from my knit alphabet I did for Type 3. I had a ton of yarn in small amounts of colors. Not really enough to make anything in particular, but still a lot of yarn. And I had about half of a small grey skein, and randomly decided to knit Beau an elephant toy, stuffed animal type thing. Anyway, it turned out very cute, but that's not the point of the story.

As I was knitting this elephant at some point I was texting Joe and told him I was knitting an elephant and he, I suppose, had this idea that I was knitting a LIFE SIZED elephant. He was very excited until I told him, alas, it was only a hand-size toy elephant.

But.

I still have all this yarn I don't know what to do with.

And half-finished projects that I've lost the patterns for, or can't remember whatever personal pattern it was that I was doing, so I bind them off because I need the needles. And I'm left with a half-project.

Well. Nothing is wasted, right? So I think I'm going to make an elephant guys. And I'm fairly certain it will take me ages to finish. So the plan is to finish off all the scraps I have now, and then start buying the discount yarn. It's going to be a patchwork elephant. And it's going to be as big as I can possibly make it. And it's going to be knit. And it's going to take me forever. I'm tingly with excitement.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Check out this girl's website. She falls in love with people for art. I kind of want to find enough money to go to this, but i hate yoga.

it reminded me of us:

HOW TO BE A LOVE ARTIST
a five day yoga, detox & writing retreat
in the desert
with The Love Artist



clear your heart
create your love story
experience fearless love



December 2 - 7, 2007
Liberty Advance, Boulevard, California




Conceptual performance artist & writer Kathe Izzo is THE LOVE ARTIST
--making art from real love, motherhood,
sex, & intimacy --
for the last twenty years
creating extremes of controversy and devotion
throughout Europe & the United States

***

In this 5-day retreat learn to love without expectation & without
resentment with a clear body, heart & mind:

* daily morning Kundalini practice & the choice of either a raw foods
or cooked vegetarian detox diet to alter consciousness & purify the
body

*silent & partnered Invisible Art meditations

* daily Love Artist writing assignments using a trance state to provoke
memory & create vision to write your love story

*create the portal to be yourself without apology & without limitation





A True Love Artist knows there is no better love anywhere
than the wide open heart within themselves

No greener grass
No better sex
No fantasy lover that will complete them

1 hour east of San Diego
$525 includes meals, dormitory accomodation,
spa & gym facilities

Transportation from the airport,
camping & private rooms available upon request





www.theloveartist.org
www.katheizzo.com

call for registration:
800-434-YOGA

or write The LOVE ARTIST
for more info

xxxxxxxxxxox

Robyn said...

Awesome! Well you could just meditate instead of the yoga. This would be amazingly fun for us!

Anonymous said...

hey you guys,

i was looking for another reference to my blog and I ended up on this page . . & I just wanted to tell you that I am offering the HOW TO BE A LOVE ARTIST intensive again in May . . and it's really not about yoga anyway . . I use kundalini yoga which is more breath & movement to get us all in an altered state so we can make some love magic together . . work with our hearts to move some big energy and make things happen . .

just sayin'

send me your emails if you want to get on my list

big huge love & thank you . .

xox the love artist

www.theloveartist.org